Saturday, April 7, 2012

Countdown to Move: Main Floor Bedroom #1

Once the hardwood re-finisher took over the second floor we diverted our efforts to the areas where he wasn't working... the main floor bedrooms and the basement (post to follow on the basement).

The house had two generous sized bedrooms on the main floor, which we decided would work well for the 3 boys. Since moving we've had to do a bit of a shuffle and move one of the boys to a spare bedroom upstairs, and this room is still unfinished unfortunately.

Both of the bedrooms on the main floor were absolutely PLASTERED in wallpaper. The first one we started was the west bedroom.

There were 3 layers of wallpaper in this room :(



  Finally, we see the walls!

 Apparently 50 years of wallpaper means lots of nail holes to patch.


  We got the walls all primed, and then I let my son pick a paint colour. We opted for a grey on 3 walls and he picked a nice vibrant blue for the accent (window) wall. (I forget the actual colours, I will come back and update when I remember. I think the grey is steel wool by Benjamin Moore).


Finally we found some IKEA furniture on Kijiji for a steal, and I found these removable/re-positionable decals (BLIK) at www.homedepot.ca.

Done! He loves it and it's going to be easy enough to update if Mario isn't his thing down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment